Any consideration to have a tag field?

This is an awesome idea. And also would be good the osibility to create notebooks (folders) instead of tags for those who want…maybe ue them both

Interesting to see others’ comments, but can I say I like the way Bear handles tags. I don’t want a tags box. I like that I can put tags anywhere in my note. Sometimes I put them in text to provide context. Other times I just stack them at the bottom of the note. I don’t need them to be in my face. I just need to know that they’re associated with the note and will contribute to the side bar.

So I’m happy with how it is and like that the devs have taken the choice to keep the design clean. That’s why I’m here and it’s why I left Evernote.

Hi ntom!

I think you misunderstood us. I don’t want a special tag box. I also like to place tags anywhere in the note, generally after headings and paragraphs but also inline. I was talking just about those tags which are related to the whole note. Bear places them automatically at the end of the text when it creates a new note. And our suggestions was to place them at the beginning of the text.

That’s the point! Having those tags at the end of the text you will have them in your face, if you like it or not. Generally when a notes grow you are adding text at the end of already existing notes. Because of that you will see the tags and have to take care about keeping them at the end. That is what i meant with “dragging around”.

To give you an example: When i am somewhere in the middle of the text and decide to write some text at the end, i use “command + arrow down”-key to jump to the end of the text, then the cursor ist placed after those tags. So what to do? Keeping them somewhere in the text where they loose their context? Or placing the cursor again and again before those tags? All that distracting things wouldn’t happen if these tags are placed at the beginning of the note. All other tags that are created by the user himself while writing the text are not affected by that request.

Regards!