Appreciation Post

I read the dev post on Reddit from 2 months ago talking about C++/WASM interop issues delaying the release. I just wanted to appreciate the fact that you are focused and opinionated about performance to this extent. I also understand the delays in general — this is well off the beaten path and you probably have had to pay off a lot of technical debt you did not anticipate. This is quite normal for any non-trivial software project. Perhaps the community would be less frustrated if Panda was non-public for a while longer or if parts of the project were open-source. Also, I gleaned from the thread that you are also non-VC funded? That would be icing on the cake!

As a Formula 1 fan, your passion here is reminiscent of the passion I see from Ferrari. I wasn’t a Bear subscriber but I am now. I for one am ok waiting a while longer if it means a more reliable, better performing, non-electron, non-hypey, non-feature loaded, non-gamified, non-VC funded app that I can hope to use 10 years from now.

1 Like

Also, not to be that guy but perhaps Rust would be / have been a better choice here given its WASM compatability

Hi Pranav,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a post. I can see that this is your first time posting on the forum, so welcome to the community!

Thank you also for the understanding and kind words, we appreciate the support! :slight_smile: