Bear 2.0: the beta strikes back

Hey everyone! We started testing the beta and we are close to getting it into your hands.

The good news is that the beta has cleared Apple’s review process, so we should be able to push updates a little faster now.

A few newly discovered bugs are important enough to spend the next few days squashing them before we go to a broader release. We also don’t want to release it on a Friday as we’d prefer to be around to address feedback quickly.

If all goes well, we hope to give you both the Mac + iOS beta with sync next week. Stay tuned!

61 Likes

yes cant wait for this! Hopefully hear about the release on Monday. Thanks for all your hard work!

Next Monday? No no no, today is better.

4 Likes

Where is TestFlight code at Bere 2.0 beta ?

As far as I understand on Monday.

I think waiting to next week is a very wise move.
Since it replaces B1 completely, now way back, I believe some public beta testers would be annoyed or even infuriated if they encounter any serious bugs or crashes, even though it’s a beta.

I also think the team need some rest over the weekend to be ready to handle and fix all bug and crash reports, and also filter out all the feature requests that are bound to flood in, once the public beta get released.

I’m very exited about this, it will be wonderful to have Bear 2.0 (even though in beta) syncing between Mac, iPad and iPhone. Until now I have been very hesitant to use/test the beta on Mac since I also needed and use Bear daily on iPad and iPhone.

Guess the Bear team will receive many more useful bug reports and inputs now, when the beta get released on all 3 platforms next week – hopefully on Monday or Tuesday …

Also:

My understanding is, that this is also referring to the upcoming B2 public beta.

6 Likes

How long do I still have to wait? I can’t wait! :melting_face: :melting_face: :melting_face: :heart_on_fire:

7 Likes

Haha literally refreshing this page every hour

7 Likes

Let’s go team, we are ready.

4 Likes

:eyes:
Me every 5 minutes checking this page.

6 Likes

Just subscribe to the thread and wait for the dev’s message.

8 Likes

Wondering what’s happening.

2 Likes

They never said Monday, they just said this week. Plus if they want a few days to fix bugs that would suggest the middle of the week.

12 Likes

“Please release it now.”
releases. wipes entire db of notes.
“They should’ve taken more time to fix bugs.”

16 Likes

lol my exact thoughts ^

Patiently waiting…. :melting_face:

:smiling_face: Still waiting for Bear 2.0.

Some people already have access to it, so it might be happening soon :blush:

3 Likes

:pleading_face: Hopefully you’re right.