Bear 2.1 Feature Request: Vertical Tables

First of all, huge thanks to the development team for your progress on Bear 2.0 so far! It’s already streets ahead of Bear 1 so I’m very much looking forward to its release. In the meantime, I have been using the Tables features and I would like to provide you with some feedback for Bear 2.1.

The Tables seem to default to being horizontal (with the first row being in a bold font by default, and there doesn’t seem to be a way to change that). I would appreciate the possibility to create vertical tables (with the first column being in a bold font by default), too. I only can find some posts addressing these vertial tables during the Bear 1 beta in 2020, so I hope this is something you are still considering for Bear 2 as well.

A visual example:

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

As far as I know the possibilities around tables are limited by the markdown syntax. Therefore - as reasonable your request is - I don‘t think that it is realisable

I can confirm what @krssno wrote, MD Tables syntax is indeed minimal. We can use our metadata syntax (HTML comment+json) but the effect of this will work only inside Bear, any other editor/tool will display and export the table horizontally.