Bear 2 beta update (9695)

My vote for page breaks forced by separator line in source document. That is an essential feature

1 Like

Du to my age and origin center aligned quotes seem strange in doc.documents. I am used indented quotes either left aligned or as block set

Right, good point. I’m using Ayu, and the secondary color doesn’t pop at all.

I decided to test with other themes, and discovered an interesting bug: when changing the theme from the settings window, some of the search results stopped being highlighted at all.

And in terms of visibility, the secondary color is too washed out for me in most of them. The ones where I thought it was OK were High Contrast, Duotone Light, Gandalf, D.Boring, Nord, Lighthouse.

And yeah, Ayu is the worst in that regard…

Yes, some themes are not final and need a lot of work on the secondary and tertiary colors. We’ll surely provide a fix to all the problematic themes after the iOS release.

the thing is, the standard theme was too washed out for my taste, as well. Good to know though. :slight_smile:

Themes are JSON files inside the application bundle. Editing them is quite easy on mac and impossible on iOS. As for Bear 1, if you want to edit theme files I suggest keeping a copy outside the app bundle because those files get overwritten when the app updates

Can I still get involved in beta testing?

Is there any way to get the invite? I have been using panda and bear for a long time.

1 Like

+1 for auto hide markdown toggle for me as well. While the automatic hiding of the markdown is nice and I can see how some users would like it, I am a software engineer and I love being able to see the markdown always present in the interface, but in a more subdued manner like how Bear 1 has always worked. It’s literally what made me pick bear in the first place so many years ago, so I’d love to have the option to turn off the automatic hiding of markdown in the preferences somewhere.

1 Like

Also looking forward to testing the beta having tested panda @trix180

1 Like

I’d love to jump in on the beta, if there’s still an opportunity to do so. Thanks!

1 Like

I would love to beta test Bear 2! I’ve long been a Bear user, though recently moved over to Obsidian. After about 2 months, I’m really missing Bear. Would love to come back and check out what’s new.

1 Like

Hello! I’d be excited to help test the beta. Using Bear everyday for research with 11029 notes and counting. Heavy user of wiki links.

2 Likes

When editing a link in a table and you click “Show Preview” then hit done, the preview does not work and also the edit link dialog box does not go away. Additionally, the link deactivates and looks like the following pattern:

[Beta](https://google.com)<!-- {"preview":"true"} -->
1 Like

+1 on Obsidian export option!

I use both Bear and Obsidian side by side: Bear for quick, beautiful notes with easy formatting shortcuts, Obsidian for organizing information in a quickly accessible database which helps come up with actionable goals and to track projects. However, currently I must use my Mac to launch SublimeText as an intermediary editor for exported .md files, in order to change the markdown formatting manually through search and replace. Having an export option in Bear would help a lot.