Breaking table by using "|" character

Testing version: 1.0

What were you doing: Writing directly below a table

What feature did you use: Writing text inside the table and also using the “|” character
What happened: the table disappeared/disolved and when undoing a bunch of times the app crashed

What did you expect to happen: that writing “|” in the table would not break it when writing text below it

I think that pipe usage breaking a table is “expected” behaviour given GitHub Flavored Markdown Spec (example 200).

Include a pipe in a cell’s content by escaping it, including inside other inline spans.

However, even escaping the pipe \| does break the table.

May I suggest to the devs to automatically escape a pipe when written inside a rendered table, and to treat a an escaped \| like any other character and not a cell delimiter?

Hi there,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a post on here for us. I can see that this is your first time posting, so welcome to the community!

Regarding the above, it is to be expected (as the Markdown spec says), but it’s on our list to auto-escape | characters!

If you’ve any other queries or questions about Bear let me know as i’d be happy to help.