Bug report: Cursor in wrong place when creating note with date

Testing version: Version 1.9 (8994)

What were you doing:

1. Open settings and set “Create New Notes With” to “Date” (or “Date and Time”)
  2. Click a tag group in the sidebar
  3. Create a new note

What happened: When the new note opens up, the cursor is placed at the very end of the tag (See screenshot). This is annoying because I have to move the cursor up one line before I can start typing.

What did you expect to happen: I expect the cursor in the new note to be placed on the empty line right after the heading line (the one that contains today’s date), so that I can start typing right away without moving the cursor.

NOTE: This is how Bear already works for the “Create New Notes With"→"Header” setting. This bug only occurs for the “Create New Notes With"→"Date” setting.

Why this matters: This may seem nit-picky, but I it’s actually quite important. The reason we use Bear is that it’s butter-smooth and gets out of your way. It’s really frustrating to have that little annoyance every time I create a new note, because it happens so frequently.

Hi there,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a post here.

May I ask which device this was occurring on? and the system version the device was using?

Could you update to the latest version of Bear, test this again, and let us know if it still occurs?

Regarding the screenshot, it looks like it might not have been initially added into the post. If you could provide screenshot for further investigation that would be great!

Here’s a screenshot of what I mean:
Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 11.07.53 AM

And a short video clip:

My version of Bear is updated to version 1.9.2 on a 2021 Macbook Air, running macOS Big Sur 11.6.

Hi there,

Many thanks for providing this additional information.

I’ve consulted with the development team and this is actually the correct behaviour.

However, we understand what you mean and where you are coming from. Therefore, this is something we’ll have a deeper look into and see if we can amend it.