Can the width of table cells be manually controlled?

Love that tables are coming to Bear, but as near as I can tell, there’s no way to affect the width of a cell except to just keep typing. Am I missing something? If not, is click-and-drag to widen cells on the roadmap?

Hi there,

Thank you for giving Panda a go!

Regarding the above though, it is not within the roadmap.

This is because it is more of a Markdown limitation, and as Bear is a Markdown app, we would need to respect these limitations.

1 Like

Roger that. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

No problem at all, always happy to help!

If you’ve ever any other queries or questions, feel free to reach back out to us here.

@TedwardBear can I assume this means we will never be able to adjust column width or row height?

I believe some folks have made extensions to Markup to make this work but I can appreciate not wanting to migrate away from your selected path. I think it would be good for everyone to know, at some point, what’s never going to be a feature to help manage expectations. I know I’d always be bugging you for it since it is pretty useful. It then puts some other issues like scrolling left-right to bed and left into the hands of the user.

But if a technical limitation based on your strategic choices, understand and good to know what these might be. I’ll read up on Markup.

thanks

Hi @tpw,

We don’t have any plans for this at the moment, due to the reasons given above.

Therefore, it’s unlikely this will be implemented moving forward.

However, we’d never say never.

This is just as there were certain features that initially we thought we wouldn’t add, and due to user feedback we decided to add them, e.g. the ability to hide markdown characters.