Small bug or feature?
Testing version: 2.0 (10688) on Mac (works as expected on iPad)
What were you doing:
Copying regular body text snippets (without MD formatting) from Bear, pasting into Excel table cells.
What feature did you use: ⌘C
When pasting, the text is formatted as Helvetica 14pt,
even though the Excel sheet has Calibri (Body) 12
What did you expect to happen:
Expected it to be pasted as plain text (no formatting),
and this is how it works on iPad/iOS
This may not be considered a bug, but be desirable, for some users.
So, I suggest an option in settings to choose default copy and default paste methods.
PS. Copy as Rich Text (when chosen) and pasting into Word works very well btw.
Except: body text seems too big:
Shows up as 14 pt in Excel and Word,
maybe 12pt would be a more normal size?
Would it be possible to Copy as Rich Text, but without specifying font-family, only formatting BI, H1-H6 sizes, and all other MD format elements, but that body text was left as plain text?
Or make Copy automatic by default?:
If selection includes markdown formatting:
Copies as Rich Text and Markdown (assuming clipboard supports this),
- so pasting into plain text fields or editors will paste as markdown,
- but pasting in Word, Outlook, Pages, etc, will paste as Rich Text.
If selection does not include any markdown formatting:
Copies as plain text only!
- so pasting it to any editors or (table cells) will be plain text only.
- Then of course, this could be overridden by choosing either Copy… As Rich Text, Markdown, HTML, Plaintext, (instead of default automatic behavior as outlined above j
- If selection includes markdown formatting:
@trix180 What do you think?