Display markdown an option

I do appreciate that we can hide the markdown things, but when editing I actually do like being able to see it sometimes. Can this be a feature that can be toggled on and off by keyboard command?

4 Likes

I think this would be a great feature, to quickly check up if the Markdown is in order on a whole document level.

2 Likes

We have yet to take a decision about allowing users to turn off markdown hiding, if just want to see all the markers you can use ⌘A to select all the note text.

2 Likes

Generally I would also like to have the option from panda to show markdown. Also I remember that you are thinking about implementing an read-only option for notes as it was requested several times. For me these are nice-to-have-features but no more than that.

What ever you do, I hope - if at all you implement these two features - you are not going the road of obsidian that combines that two features. Rather than that i hope you keep them totally separated from each other. I would dislike if there is a read-mode without markups and an edit-Mode with markups

2 Likes

+1 i would like to toggle MD on and off

1 Like

+1 for me as well, i chose bear years ago primarily because it displayed markdown

1 Like

My use-case where I need Markdown is for selecting text to be copied when I am having trouble selecting text when in visual mode. So all I need is a hotkey to toggle into RAW markdown so I can select and copy and maybe paste, then ability to use the same hotkey to toggle back to visual mode, nothing more.

Using Cmd-A doesn’t help there because it selects everything, and when I try to select it (obviously) changes out of that mode.

The fewer options the better as far as I am concerned. I am happy with how things are in the editor now.

What exists right now really hampers my ability to use Bear 2.0.

I hope Shiny Frog will won’t choose purity over the usability that many people like me really need in order to choose Bear as our primary tool for composing content.

1 Like

I don’t need to see markdown. Happy as it is.

1 Like