Distractionful reordering of text by drag&drop

As you can see in the screenshot: when you reorder text or whole paragraphs by drag&drop the preview of the moved text leads to great distraction. I know, apple notes or pages do the same, but i find ms words solution better where just a little rectangle ist shown. There is no meaningful reason to show the moved text.

Hello,

I understand your personal preference in this situation but we don’t want to go against how drag and drop of text works across the macOS platform. We try as much as possible to be a “good citizen” in the ecosystem the app is, and changing this will possibly defy user expectations.

Best Regards.

Then I will write my complain to apple :wink:

Drag&Drop is still something that bothers me.

What could help me definitely is if the slash/cursor (that shows where the text will be dropped) could be more visible/thicker.

What you you think about shrinking the dragged text? It would decrease the usability issue but without losing the status as good citizen. Here a short clip from another tool, that brought me to that idea:

If then furthermore and finally the dragged text appears a little bit paler dragging should be a fun :wink: