Error during import from website Text

Testing version: Version 2.0 (9695)

What were you doing: copy text from website, insert into Bear 1/2

What feature did you use: copy/paste

What happened: see below, quite different behavior in Bear 1 - copy/paste with markdown - in Bear 2 no markdown at all

What did you expect to happen: same behavior as in Bear 1

Bear 1:
Text that got pasted:

Chapter 1:

Key Commands

Keyboard Shortcuts
Panels and Windows

I
Toggles the inspector
X
Toggles the Mixer
O

Bear 2:
Text that got pasted:

Key Commands

Keyboard Shortcuts

Panels and Windows

I

Toggles the inspector

X

Toggles the Mixer

O

Toggles the Loop Browser

Try: “Paste From > HTML”,

it seems to do what ⌘V does in Bear-1,
But hope there will be an option for ⌘V to do the same.

1 Like

This is a subject we want more feedback about.
When you copy from your browser in macOS two (or more) kinds of text representations are inserted in the pasteboard: Just Text and Rich Text. In B1 by default, we use the Rich Text representation but a lot of Panda users seem to prefer the Text representation. My understanding is you expected paste to behave like in B1, and if this is the case you can try with Paste From > Rich Text in the right-click menu or edit in the menubar and check if the result is what you expected.

It seems like Paste from RichText has been changed to Paste from HTML in Bear 2!

A bug? I’m confused :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I don’t fully understand what you mean here, can you please add more details?

Yes I expected the Bear 1 behavior.
When I click on Paste From > Rich Text nothing got inserted, but when I click on Paste From → HTML it inserted the following:

Key Commands

Keyboard Shortcuts

Panels and Windows
I Toggles the inspector
X Toggles the Mixer
O Toggles the Loop Browser
Shift-/ Toggles the Quick Help window
1 Like

Yes, that’s what I expected,
but in Bear-2 you actually have to use Paste From > HTML
which is what I thought was pasting from HTML tagged code …
(and actually also work for that in Bear-2)

See @captaintom 's reply above…

Yes, I was imprecise about the previous comment. Generally speaking, browsers place 3 different items in the clipboard (eventually even more) when some page portion is copied: Plain text, Rich, and HTML. When the portion is pasted the destination app has to decide which of the items to use. B1 by default uses the Rich Text and fallback to Plain text if the first is not available. B2, at the moment, go directly to Plain Text. This might change at some point in B2 development.

Paste From > HTML / Rich Text are “shortcuts” to the respective items in the clipboard, so I was suggesting checking if one of the two gives the expected result.