Feature Request: Callouts and Admonitions

While I know that callouts and admonitions are not presently part of the CommonMark specification, I figured I’d throw the idea out there. When writing documentation for myself, or for users, I find them to be incredibly helpful.

Right now, I can sort of achieve this by using a single-column table where the first row is a “title” and the second row is the content. However, because formatting (code, lists, etc.) is not permitted in table cells, this doesn’t fill the use case completely.

1 Like

Hi there,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a post with some feedback for us here.

I can see that this is your first time posting on the forum, so welcome to the community!

Regarding the above, this is not something that is currently within our plans. This is as you mentioned it’s not in keeping with CommonMark, but thank you for providing your perspective on this.

I’ll still pass this suggestion onto the team incase they reconsider this option.

In the meantime, if you have any other queries or questions let me know as i’d be happy to help!

1 Like

Thank you for the consideration. I’m certainly impressed with what I’ve seen so far. The mobile version of the app on iPad Pro is outstanding. A markdown-oriented keyboard for mobile is a no-brainer that’s been missing from other apps, so I’m happy to see this implemented, and the built-in drawings feature is the perfect union of the Apple Pencil’s capabilities with the familiarity of markdown. Can’t wait to see what will be in the final product!

1 Like

Thank you for your support and kind words!

IF something is not part of the markdown specification THEN the code box is always THE place to think about it. I mean something like:

``àdmonition
Tip:“How to” +

bla bla
bla bla```

The first line starts with “Tip”. That determines the kind of the call-out, its color and its icon.Directly after the colon optionally an alternative name is following. Last but not least a “+” or a “-” establishes if the call-out is open or closed by default.

Putting additional design-elements, that doesn’t belong to specification, into code blocks seems to be the cleanest way in my opinion