As most note App does, An outline is usually auto generated. And it is very helpful, especially for navigating in long document.
What I expect:
- auto generated outline (someone else call it “toc” whatever) for the current note;
- keymapping assigned to quick toggle its visibility;
- to make use of the limited estate of editor window, give an option to be able to have the outline panel “float” on the side. The panel itself is semi-opaque, which makes it possible still to view content beneath;
- sync the scrolling position and the outline by highlighting the current outline heading;
- outline heading is clickable and when clicked, it directs to the corresponding section in document.
Here is a reference. An web app, which has implemented some of my expectation,