Thanks for rolling this out, thought I’d submit one list of initial feedback.
- Auto-inserted closing characters should be removed with backspace. Backspace of code character doesn’t erase the closing char, so not easy to undo. Same for italic etc. Please see Typora for reference behavior.
- Is it possible to disable spellcheck inside code fence? var got auto-corrected to bar and car
- What is the bracket icon next to special keyboard one? It’s not clickable and doesn’t change state. It either makes sense to get rid of it or make that whole area the clickable button.
- Can’t make header collapsible when nothing is under yet, why not? If know ahead of time I’ll want it collapsed, why can’t do it instead of having to go back to toggle? Related, I don’t understand why “toggle folding” is important enough to show up on the selected text pop-up menu when almost nothing else is.
- New checkbox item text doesn’t auto-capitalize, have to do manually each time, please fix. Actually hitting Enter twice after a quoted block also doesn’t auto-capitalize the next sentence, so it seems like a wider issue.
- Dots background for sketches is almost impossible for me to see. Too faint, unlike grid and lined which are at least more visible
- Highlighting some text and pressing table loses the text. Expectation was to put it into the first table row, since it’s formatting not content replacement.
- Cannot undo sketch resize - if cropped too much, Undo swipe reports nothing to undo. Expectation is to return to previous size.
- Help button in special keyboard does not do anything, probably a known issue
- How to insert a line break into table text? Typora solves this via br tag inserts. How to insert an image into a table? Button for it disappears in special keyboard.
- Want this editor in Bear yesterday!
- Code highlighting is good
- Quotes finally look different from body text (my earlier issue). Hallelujah!