Footnotes should Automatically Re-number

I am glad to see all of the new changes coming to Bear. I played with the footnotes a little bit and I have a suggestion.

When adding a footnote that comes in the text before other footnotes, the numbers should change themselves and re-order themselves in the list of footnotes. For example: if I already have a footnote 1, and I add a footnote before footnote 1 in the text, footnote 1 should become footnote 2 and the new one should be footnote 1.

That is the way it works in most word processors. Since Bear is venturing into the word-processing territory, it would be nice for it to work as well as word processors do.

5 Likes

I’m interested in Bear’s response, since footnotes can also be words and not just numbers.

For example, I can use [^bear] as a footnote reference.

A special symbol within the notes would great which adjust the numbers automatically. For example the hashtag.

1 Like

Bear (Panda!) is awesome and I love its design. I waited soooooo long for the footnote function!

Please repair the autonumbering as this issue would disqualify Bear editor for me at the very beginning.

1 Like