Forum feedback: Backlinks and Info Column

Figured I would necropost here even though I’m sure all the decisions have been made. Never hurts to +1.

I love the idea of the dedicated info panel! I mentioned it as one of my main wishes in the “first impressions” thread I just posted.

Thoughts on implementation

1. I would love to see the tabs/dropdown items rearranged. Personally I think ToC should be first, Backlinks second, and Stats a distant third. But I would be happy with any order as long as Stats is last
  2. I would love to see the Info panel have sticky settings that persist after quitting the app. So when I set backlinks/ToC as the current view and quit the app, whichever I was last looking at would be what I see when I reopen the app
  3. Unlike some sentiments here, I think the screenshots in the OP are my preference. They’re always visible and actionable but not super in your face. I will always vote for seeing the Info panel no matter where I am in a note (so my pref wouldn’t be to have it injected inline at the top/bottom or whatever).
  4. I think tabs are better than a dropdown, but I’m not dying on this hill

I think that sums up my feelings. Really looking forward to seeing what y’all came up with!

4 Likes