German part of interface on 11360

After latest (11360) update my left pane on the Mac (on iOS there is no problem) switched to German, as I understand. But I’m not in Germany and I don’t use German in the system, the settings and other parts of the app are still in English. Has anyone else experienced this?
Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 19.20.38

I’m fine with other parts of the app being in English at the moment because localisations are not complete, but It’s quite odd you see the German loc if macOS is not using a German locale.

Which preferred languages have you listed in System Preferences > General > Language and Region?

English only
Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 20.47.44

Same here. I’m in the UK, english setup, but default tags are now in german.

CleanShot 2023-05-26 at 15.42.15@2x

1 Like

Same with me. In the U.S., only English language set up. Menus are all English, but default tags are German.

Looks like default text for a new note is in German too.

Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 2.04.45 PM

That’s interesting, mine turned into Japanese in this update.
Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 1.40.39 PM

For what it’s worth, I do have a Japanese keyboard set up in System Preferences as a secondary input source that I can switch to. But English is the default one.

I’m feeling left out! Bear becoming a language learning tool, that’s brilliant!

1 Like

Another macOS German convert here. Version 2.0 (11360)

I’m learning German from Babel. But I only ever do that on my phone, and I only ever use Bear on my Mac. So I was especially impressed and a little creeped out until I came here to learn the truth.

Thanks for reporting this. We found the issue and We’ll ship a fix as soon as possible.