I hate that Bear keeps search terms between sessions

The current behavior of both Bear 1 and 2 is that if I quit the app while there’s some search term entered, it keeps that search term when I next open the app. It still trips me over after all these years. I scan the note list for a note I know is recent and it’s not there. It takes me a minute to figure out that there’s a left-over search term that hides some notes.

What do the others think? Do you like that behavior? I would love for it to be removed from Bear 2. When I start a new session, I want to to be a new session.

(If Bear had saved searches, that would be another story: being able to save certain searches would be awesome. But I would like to be intentional about going into a saved search.)

1 Like

You mean closing bear app and after reopening the same tag is selected and in the notes list the search field is open with the old search string?

In that case I think after reopening the search field schould be empty and closed. That anyway happens if you change to another tag. So I would expect it after relaunch of the app.

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean.

I am thinking of a possible feature to lock the search field and to be able to go to other tags while the search is kept. When unlocked again it closes the search after relaunch or changing of tag