Inconsistence in ESC behavior and visual appearance after search

I do not know if it is a bug, that is why I move it to Feedback section:

In Bear 2 I believe there are inconsistencies in ESC behavior (and visual appearance when focusing note in notelist - second pane)

When I search for a term and after I focus on first note by arrow-down (focus is still in notelist, on first note) and now I press gradually ESC:

1. search term disappears but note is still focused
  2. search window disappears but note is still focused
  3. note focus disappears
  4. (the first note in note list is focused)
  • the visual appearance of focused note (ad 1) is without tiny colored bar on the left of the focused note

But if - after searching the term I focus the first note by CLICK by mouse or TAB (as opposed to arrow-down) and now I press gradually ESC:

1. note focus disappears
  2. search window AND search term disappears AND previous note is focused (which was focused before I started to search, if applicable)
  3. previous note loses focus
  4. (the first note in note list is focused)
  • the visual appearance of focused note (ad 1) is WITH tiny colored bar on the left of the focused note

Also, when I focus note editor (go into third column), after pressing ESC the sequence is always as in second description irrelevant if I focused this note in notelist by arrow-down (appearance without color bar) or with tab/click (with color bar). After first escaping from note editor, appearance in notelist is always with color bar (cmd+enter = the same)

In my opinion - first described sequence is more logical and practical (not losing focus from focused note before second click/hiding search pane) - but you can also consider mix of the two modes:

1. search term disappears but note is still focused
  2. search window disappears but note is still focused
  3. previous note is focused (which was focused before I started to search, if applicable)
  4. (it loses focus)
  5. (first note is focused)

But the first mode is closer to that than the second.

Why both modes exist? Is it some new mode (the first one) in Bear 2 with the second mode being leftover from Bear 1? I believe that should be consolidated.

(If it is intentional: in that case I do not understand reason for two different modes, or if they really ARE two different modes, their usecases/reasons behind them should be probably better explained)

Hello,

here too the problem is where the focus is. In the first example, the focus is on the search field and in the second the tab moves the focus to the note list. The two behaviors can’t be unified as suggested because in the second case ESC has to remove focus from the note list and in the first from the note editor.

I can see how this might be counterintuitive but I don’t know how we can improve considering we can’t ignore where the focus is.