iOS: add wikilinking to the Bear keyboard

Maybe I’m missing something, but I’m not seeing a button for wikilinks in the Bear 2 keyboard.

I think it would be great to add this function to the Bear 2 keyboard… I can see two places where it would work great: under the link 🔗 button as a submenu or replacing the space button with a wikilink [[ ]] button. As someone who uses wikilinks a lot, I would prefer the latter location… especially since I can’t think of a reason to have a space key in the Bear keyboard menu… it feels like it’s mainly there to fill space (haha).

+1 for this.
Backlinking is very key for me.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

Thanks for the update!

In the latest iOS TestFlight update you can find the wiki link button here

2 Likes

Why a dedicated keyboard space ( next to the BIU) instead of long pressing the link button inside the BIU menu?

Ease of access?

Oh that looks awesome! I think having it so easily accessible is an excellent move!!!

EDIT: just tested it and it’s working great, including when targeting an heading in another note. And as I suspected, I love the placement of the button.

And in truth, the Bear 2 implementation is actually an improvement over Bear 1 because it works better when linking to a heading inside the current note, so I’m SUPER stoked about this :clap::clap::clap:

Well I assume this is one of the most used feature alongside tagging and so it is not ideal to be burried too much, especially since the custom keyboard is now basically full.

1 Like

A good decision in my eyes to have quick access to tags and wikilinks