iOS Keyboard Options 1 Click away

Hi,

why are all formatting options hidden behind this one button on the right side of the iOS Keyboard „Menu“ Bar?

This always means an extra step when inserting a Picture or a Task etc on the iPhone. Why not offering a horizontal scroll of the different options like in Logseq, Obsidian or also (sorry to mention) UpNote? Maybe even customizable regarding the order?

Would at least save some extra taps …

Good question. It’s of course true that any extra click means extra distraction. And yes, I’m using it on the iPad and it’s the extra click. Furthermore, when I want to insert a picture from my library, there’s an extra click even because I don’t want to take a photo…
But then again, one of the reasons why I’m so drawn to Bear (and probably most of the others, too) is that it’s not looking like a big construction site with tools and menus everywhere… So as for me, I can survive that extra click. Particularly because the keyboard behind it is really really neat.

I understand, the clutterfree UI is a strength. On the other side it doesn’t bother me to have the options just in the first row - if I don’t kneed them, I just ignore them.
Some months ago NotePlan did the same and I am still not used to it (I just don’t like extra clicks …)