Panda Check-in: Integration, Search, and Todos

Greetings and salutations to all our Panda Peeps! Can I call you Panda Peeps? Actually, hang on… ah, yes. Our founders just told me to never use that phrase again. Anyway Panda Pals, we’re back with another check-in on our progress with Panda and Bear 2.0!

Done recently

The surgery to add Editor 2.0 (Panda) into Bear was a success! We’ve been testing it internally for about a week now, check out the video above for a first look :eyes:

In-note search!

We also have an initial version working of the much-requested in-note search on iOS, so a brief internal beta will begin soon. Assuming that goes well, we’ll get a new Panda beta in your hands, including in-note search on iOS and a couple more improvements we’ve prepared.

New look for todos

First is a new UI for todos. The goal is to bring better contrast between tasks that are finished or still open. We did a lot of iteration on this, finally landing on something we think has good distinction without being distracting. The other big addition for the beta is better management over text styles, especially when multiple lines are selected. For example: select multiple items in a list, then indent or bold them all at once.

Current tasks

In addition to prepping the next beta for you to test, a big project on our plate is building the migration mechanism for all users’ notes to the new CommonMark format. We’re handling this one with extra care, of course, since it involves actually touching and potentially changing user data.

See you in a couple weeks

That’s it for this check-in. Thanks again for all your help in making Panda Bear 2.0 the bear-iest it can be. Stay tuned for our next progress report in a couple weeks.

21 Likes

Excellent, congratulations!

Also, is it just me or has the team been picking up pace recently?

1 Like

Cool, hope we would be able to search and replace in the final product :wink:

1 Like

This is looking great! Can’t wait to use it! Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

Epic, thanks for in-note search!

1 Like

In-note search is a great and unexpected addition. Thanks! Looking forward to test the next “public” Panda beta.

1 Like

I guess this addresses my concerns about all my tags being turned into headings :smiley:

Also looking forward to the note search; looks pretty nice

1 Like

I’m surprised there aren’t more replies here; in-note search is something many of us have been asking for for years!! Hugely stoked; it is truly a game-changer for me and def makes sticking with bear a no brainer easy decision

1 Like

It may seem that way, but it’s just that all of our hard work is now being able to be displayed publicly! Thank you for your support :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that you think so Marlon!

Glad to hear that you like it!

Thank you for your continued support :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear that you are looking forward to this! :smiley:

Happy to hear that! Thank you for your support :heart: :bear:

Hi! Can I somehow tests this beta? Can’t wait to use it already, even if there are bugs! :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Not at the moment as this is just a check in post to showcase some behind the scenes of our internal version. But we’re loving your enthusiasm and support! :heart: :bear:

Hi!

In the video i remarked that the lines that seperates the notes in the list are partly red. I am so curious that i have to ask if that red lines are indicators? For scrolling position in note maybe?

Regards!

oh my gosh! :see_no_evil:
As i rarely or never use to-do-lists i was not aware of that feature :smiley:

1 Like