Panda Crashes when text changing to heading format

Testing version:

What were you doing:
I was using a Mac and was trying to change the text into heading format.
No matter I changed it by inserting “#”, or by clicking the format bar, Panda crashes.

What feature did you use:
Heading

What happened:
Panda crashes

What did you expect to happen:
Right now there is no way to change the text into heading format.

Hi there,

Thank you for reporting the above. I am trying to replicate the above issue, but it isn’t crashing on my end. May I ask, what system version are you using on your mac?

Also, does this happen when you try use the shortcuts (e.g. command +1, command +2 etc.) to insert headings/change text to headings?

Great thanks for investigating this!
I am using macOS Catalina version 10.15.7.

If I click “command + 1”, there appears a “#” before the text, but it doesn’t look like a header. Here is a screen capture.

Thanks and cheers

Hello there,

it seems that your macOS is not reading the fonts that we’re embedding in Panda, I’m not really sure why, but I’ve made a test version that uses a different way to load those.

If you can, download and run this version → Panda Test

Let me know if the test version works for you, if not I’ll try something different :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Hello,

Happy Friday! :smiley:

Thanks for making a different version. Unfortunately the same still happens. :frowning_face: It crashes when I insert a “#” or click the heading button on the format bar. If I click “command + 1”, macOS is not reading the fonts.

Cheers!

Hello again!

I’ve made yet another build → Panda Test 2 let us see if this solves the issue.

The problem seems to be specific to some machines, as we have a lot of other users on 10.15 that are not experiencing the crash :man_shrugging:

Thanks a lot for the time you’re taking in checking this out!

Hello!!

Thanks again for fixing this!
Unfortunately it is still the same :frowning_face: I have even rebooted my laptop to try one more time. Yet the same still happened.

I have been a Bear Pro user since 2018. It will be great if my little contribution could lead me to enjoy the official launch of Panda sooner :blush: And thanks for making Bear so stable over the years!

Cheers!

Facing the same issue in latest panda release.
whenever i add heading (from toolbar or keyboard # )

I am on MacOS Catalina.

Hi there,

Thank you for reporting the above, I’ll pass it onto the team for further investigation.

May I just ask, what version of Catalina are you using?