Thanks for tuning into the Panda Report! We bring you all the best Panda update news from our most trusted sources, which is ourselves.
As for new stuff to play with: try renaming any and all types of file attachments, and check out the new link preview UI. Our new BearSans Font should also be much… sans-ier. Please also bang on a handful of fixes to features like over-scrolling, inserting links, RTL support, and more.
Check out the full update details below.
- Rename all supported file attachment types (right click on Mac or long press on iOS)
- New version of the BearSans Font (visual polish throughout the alphabet)
- A new link preview UI with a clearer placeholder and loading indicator
- Link folders in Panda for Mac. Simply drag a folder onto a note to create a link. Click said link to open the folder in Finder
- Over-scrolling on macOS should work correctly when opening new files (you can scroll more of the document towards the top of the window)
- The link panel now inserts, encodes, and decodes complex URLs better (please do your worst here)
- Better line breaking for tags
- Panda is more proactive with special characters and alignment in RTL languages. Details here
- View > Toggle Info Panel no longer crashes Panda if Hide Toolbar is enabled. It effectively reenables the Toolbar, since that’s where the Info Panel lives. It ain’t much, but it’s honest work. Make a decision, people! Details here
We really appreciate all your help and feedback in testing Bear. In fact, this new test build was entirely a result of your feedback! Please keep it coming, and we’ll be in touch in the forum threads.
To try all the new features go to the alpha page: https://bear.app/alpha/