Panda: Wide table + vertical layout breaks page width when going back to horizontal

Testing version:
Panda Mac Version 1.0 (2595)

What were you doing:

1. Open welcome notes
  2. Add a lot of columns to a table (10-20) to enable scrolling
  3. Right Click → Layout Orientation → Vertical
  4. Right Click → Layout Orientation → Horizontal

What feature did you use:
Tables and layout orientation

What happened:
After switching to vertical then back to horizontal, the page is too wide. Not the text itself, but I can scroll very far in horizontal directions. I’m guessing as wide as the table actual width

What did you expect to happen:
I expected the page width to stay the same as before I switched to vertical and back. Horizontal scrolling should not be allowed in the default mode except for in tables, I assume.

Also, are the layout orientations misnamed? Feels like they have been swapped, where “vertical” should be the default and “horizontal” the second, less usual option

Hi there Joel,

I can see that this is your first time posting on the forum, so welcome to the community!

Regarding the above, the layout orientation options are something that are quite old and unused on macOS. It’s added by default to the menu, but it’s not something supported in Bear/Panda.

I consulted with the development team regarding removing the default menu items, they said they will investigate to see if they’d be able to disable them.

If you’ve any other queries or questions in the meantime, let me know as i’d be happy to help!

Yeah that would make sense to remove. I found it a pretty strange feature