Please consider TeX support for math formulas for the new editor

I love almost everything about the design of the new editor. It’s typography and UI are well thought out and tables will be very useful.

About the only thing holding me back from using Bear as my main note taking app is it’s lack of support for math formulas. I would be very happy if this is planned for the near future!

14 Likes

Hello there,

we’re planning to integrate MathJax in the editor, but this has not a very high priority atm.

Best.

4 Likes

Great thing, maybe +1-ing here can push this up the priority a bit?

2 Likes

Hi there,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a post on here. I can see that this is your first time posting on this forum, so welcome to the community!

This feature is not a priority at the moment, as the completion and implementation of the new Editor for Bear is the current priority.

After this, features such as MathJax will be re-visited, discussed, and implemented. I’ve added your vote to this feature.

If you’ve any other queries or questions in the meantime, let me know as i’d be happy to help!

1 Like

Hi! I’d also like to add my vote to this proposed feature.
Do I do so by liking the original post, or is this something you can do for me?

Hi Isaiah,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. I can see that this is your first time posting here, so welcome to the community!

Regarding the above, i’ve added your vote to this request!

If there’s anything else I can help you with, let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

would like to add my vote too - useful for students/researchers/software engineers. Plus there are other note apps on the app store supporting mathjax already so would be nice to Panda match their feature as well.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, vote added :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi @TedwardBear , add a vote here :blush:

2 Likes

Hi there,

Vote added! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another vote for sure!

Your vote has been added :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m also +1 math support in some form!

2 Likes