Same TagCons MIA

Testing version: 9735

The same TagCons I have had missing are still missing in the latest build. (I did remove old data and migrated from scratch a fresh data set.)

Here Bear 1 and 2

Other tags with accents have correctly migrated, as well as subtags. Can’t see the common denominator here.

If I were to guess… I would guess this is an issue with tags having diacritic’s in them, since my tagcons are migrating just fine at this point… but thats just a guess. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I have other posts with accents migrated fine, as said in the original post. Something else is at play here.

By looking at the screenshots reported here and in other threads my suspect is the missing tagcons are the ones automatically associated by Bear. In @KillerWhale screenshots idées is automatically associated with the light bulb by considering the device’s preferred languages and some dictionary files we have inside the app.

Unfortunately, I struggle to confirm my hypothesis on my and other mac but I want to ask which preferred languages you currently have set in System Preferences > Language & Region

If you are willing to share your B1 database with me privately, please contact me via DM it will be extremely helpful to solve this mystery.

I can’t unfortunately share my DB as there’s really too much personal stuff in there, but I think you found the issue. I am operating with a French system and it does indeed seem that most missing TagCons correspond to their French names. More of them:

CleanShot 2022-10-25 at 14.25.01@2x
CleanShot 2022-10-25 at 14.24.57@2x
CleanShot 2022-10-25 at 14.24.51@2x

Especially with the Swift one, there seems to be something at play here.