Search Highlights Jump Around

Testing version: Panda Version 1.0 (2952) Mac

What were you doing: I opened a Markdown file and I was checking out the new search feature

What feature did you use: In-Note Search

What happened:
I searched for text that I was looking for. All matching results of the searched term got highlighted and the first one got focus. (This is normal). But then as I continued to type within the search Input, the focus of the first result when to the second result and so on. Essentially, simply editing the search field is cycling focus between all of the search matches.

What did you expect to happen:
The focus should only cycle when manually clicking on the “Left” or “Right” buttons that are visible to the right of the input, or when repeated pressing enter within the search input. When typing text within the search input, the result should remain focused.

Hello and thanks for reporting this issue.

I have some trouble replicating the behavior you described and I wonder if this is happening with a specific text or any. If you can share a quick video (and eventually a test file) will be definitely helpful to tackle this bug.

Here’s a screen recording. I also noticed another issue this time, which is that the search field has autoCorrect, which I don’t think it should.

I created a new document and was able to repro. This was the text I used, but I’m able to repro it consistently with any text I want.

Testing is something that you Totally should try at least
## H2 Eating is something that you can also do some of the times
### H3 Eating is something that you can also do some of the times
#### H4 Eating is something that you can also do some of the times at least in the house
##### H4 Eating is something that you can also do some of the times at least in the house
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown *printer* took a galley off type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, **remaining** essentially unchanged. It was popularized in the 1960s with the release of Letterset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Alludes PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum

[Move these Tasks to the Top](noteplan://x-callback-url/runPlugin?pluginID=dwertheimer.TaskAutomations&command=tst)
- These #e
- Are #d
- Some #c
- Fake #b
- Tasks #a

Thanks a lot. We’ll provide a fix with the next update.