Should tags always be in lower case?

I created some tags with an initial capital letter and some without. I decided to change everything to lower case and edited the tags accordingly. The edit seemed to work, but going back in later (to edit some tagcons) I noticed that the capitals were still there.

In the sidebar, all tags are displayed in lower case, but when suggesting tags they show as initially entered (capitalised or not) and the tags as displayed within the note also include capitals. Tags seem to ignore case for any function.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to enforce lower case tags everywhere or if not, to ensure the editor genuinely changes things that are edited.

1 Like

Seeing this as well. I tried to change a few capitalized tags on Mac and it didn’t seem to stick. I also could have sworn I had all lowercase before but it’s possible I didn’t.

1 Like

There is definitely some odd behaviour here. I cleaned out all my notes and started again. I created a document with a list of all the tags and sub-tags I wanted and nothing else, all in lower case. When suggesting tags in further documents, the first tag is offered with an initial capital letter.

Not sure if it’s a bug or a feature, but it would be good to know what the intention is.

I had the same thing, but the other direction. I was using lowercase, then wanted to switch to title case.

It worked on some, but not others. As I kept renaming over time to fix the capitalization, it seemed like most, if not all, were corrected.