Show/Hide Markdown

This feature is LIT!!! Thank you. Man, Bear team, please keep this in the final release :fire: :fire: :pray:t6:

2 Likes

Yes brilliant, much appreciated. I realise this doesn’t add much to the conversation but I’m hoping the positive responses to this feature ensure it make it into the rproduct.
…Ian.

1 Like

I just revisited this forum after a long time due to a family circumstances and a vacation and I was filled with joy that you’ve chosen to implemented auto-hide markup. It’s what I wished for for a long time. It makes everything look so undisturbed and clean. Please keep it for the Bear 2.0. Thanks again!

I was wondering about one thing though in the last Version 1.0 (615).
Wouldn’t it be an idea to show the ‘>’ when your cursor is at the start of a quote? Currently with auto-hide on there’s no way to see the markdown character with quotes.

Similarly, tables and todos do not show as markdown when the auto hide markdown is toggled.

Related – there does not seem to be a way to simply type ‘[ ]’ or ‘- [ ]’ to create a task.

Not sure if you rather prefer more or less threads… adding to this old one.

Thank you for all the great work on the new editor. Fantastic.

While Panda on macOS has an option to toggle “Auto Hide Markdown” this seems to be the default setting on iOS and no way to change it. Is this going to stay?

Though I know, many of my fellow users wanted a clean view, in my opinion this would be very very sad. The hybrid approach is one of the beauties of Bear. It attracted me in the first place and I enjoy it every day.

Would a button to show/hide be an option?

Any update on the rollout of this feature?

His answer from a similar post related to Auto hide on iOS.

My vote is simply for it to stay the way it is, or at least retain an option for the current implementation of the hybrid markdown view. I love the editor of bear

Would be nice to see raw Markdown tag for unordered lists when markdown is shown:
since tag could be either: - * + it’s necessary to know which one is in use!

Now, a bullet is alway shown, even when “Auto Hide Markdown” is off.

Same problem for Quotes, where > is also always hidden.

Raw tag should probably be shown when line in focus also when “Auto Hide Markdown” is on, just like it is for headings.

1 Like