šŸš€ The Bear 2 Beta is here!

Iā€™m afraid we did. The TouchBar has become very hard to test (and also not very used).

Itā€™s syncing fine for me.

It is and working great.

Iā€™m trying to import some Evernote stuff in enex format and the beta is crashing every time. I have tried a bunch of variations in exporting, it always crashes. Is this known?

I also would like to know about the migration process after the beta is done, I currently donā€™t have bear pro, but intend to get it after the final version comes out.

Is this app replacing B1? If B1 was installed?

This is really great. The app looks and feels awesome. Iā€™m pretty excited to use it as my goto notes app now. Lot of features which can be used to generate novel ways of creating and organising notes. In a minute of using it on my phone Iā€™m loving how the entire text shifts upwards to keep the active line near the centre of the screen. Awesome work team. Many congratulations!

Iā€™d suggest creating a topic on the bug so itā€™s easier to track the issue.

I saw an Evernote related crash on TestFlight and weā€™ll ship a fix soon.

2 Likes

Yes, the Testflight build will replace Bear and your notes will be migrated. Donā€™t remove the B1 apps on iOS/iPadOS before installing the betas.

Appleā€™s TestFlight allows to move from the beta build and the app store build without losing the app data. Also, the notes synched during the Bear will be on CloudKit, unless you manually delete them. if you uninstall the beta and install the App Store release notes will be synced back when you purchase Bear Pro. @dcarver

2 Likes

Congrats, Guys.
The upgrade was easy on Macbook and iPhone. The database still exists :smiley:
Looks fantastic. Buy-buy Obsidian. Now I have a beautifule and functional Apple-native application with backlinks and a web scraper. Thank you for this.

3 Likes

I exported in Bear Note format from the private Beta, and then imported with ā€œKeep originalā€¦dateā€ checked, and the other three options unchecked. Everything seems to have come in smoothly. Images and attachments, tags, formatting all look good!

3 Likes

Didnā€™t think Iā€™d notice a speed bump since Bear 1 was pretty fast, but this app is blazing on my Mac.

3 Likes

Okay, maybe something else is going onā€¦ Iā€™m using GitHub - drgrib/alfred-bear: Streamlined note searching and creation for Bear using Alfred with Alfred and it doesnā€™t work anymore. Thought maybe it was related to the x-callback-url changing. If any of you guys happen to use Alfred too with Bear, do share :pray:

Whatā€™s the minimum OS requirement? I still run Bear 1 on Catalina.

Same - doesnt work for me either

1 Like

Some tables have been updated in Bear 2, which breaks some queries in that code.

There is an MR up to resolve this issue, the maintainer is a daily user of bear and assured us this will be fixed quickly once Bear 2 is released :blush:

1 Like

Thatā€™s excellent! Thank you

1 Like

What do we do if notes from the previous beta didnā€™t migrate?

It looks like it migrated notes from Bear 1.x, but I wanted to migrate notes from the earlier Bear 2 private beta.

I clicked Backup Notes before opening the new beta, but I donā€™t know where the notes backed up too. (I think that Backup mustā€™ve not worked, but I was able to restore an older backup which is mostly up-to-date).