The formatting bar above the keyboard?

I’ve used the the formatting bar above the keyboard and I think it so intuitive and accessible, and I love it. By the way, it is one of must important characteristic why I prefer writing with bear, speed with that bar. Will you dump it? Why :man_shrugging:t2:

Hi there,

We decided to create a custom keyboard as some users mentioned that the scrolling element of the formatting bar was bothersome.

Also, some users noted that some of their desired functions were not accessible, as they had to scroll a lot to reach it.

On iPad especially, the ribbon style is far more reachable than the current design. I know that since the introduction of tables and etc, it may more difficult to accomodate all features on that ribbon, but I wish there was an option to bring out a few custom favourites as a ribbon so we can have always access. Cheers.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your perspective on this specific feature Eleanor. We appreciate all the feedback we receive, especially on tester versions :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Let formatting bar above the keyboard as an option, please :pray:t2:

1 Like

I agree and think that an (adjustable) ribbon style is also more useful on the iPhone. It’s interesting that you introduce a (wonderful new) toolbar on macOS while removing it from iOS and iPadOS.

Hi there,

First off, nice name :wink:

Regarding this topic, we mentioned above that we decided to create a custom keyboard as some users mentioned that scrolling through the formatting bar was bothersome, and that desired functions were not as accessible as they wanted.

We kept that feedback in mind when designing the custom keyboard, as we had additional features to add in and wanted to have them all in a beautiful and accessible place.

Thank you for the suggestion, and for providing your own feedback on this particular topic. I’ll pass it onto the rest of the team to weigh up when moving forward with design.