Things I'd Love to See in Bear

At work I’ve been using Nota until Bear 2.0 is released. Nota has some pretty incredible things that allow me to be super productive that I’d love to see come to Bear:

• Multiple cursors (can’t even tell you how many times I’ve used this and it’s really saved me time)
  • Sentence Case (Bear already does Capitalize, Upper Case, and Lower Case)
  • Sort Lines (Nota doesn’t have this one, but this can really come in handy)
  • Select occurrences (Next occurrences & All Occurrences) – I know Bear has Find and Replace, but being able to do this immediately with a keyboard shortcut is hard to beat

For line sort, if I had lines or a list like below and I selected those lines:

OR

• Swift
  • Python
  • Rust

…Bear would replace the text with these results:

AND

• Python
  • Rust
  • Swift

For the multiple cursor request, I’d like to be able to hold down some modifier keys and hit the up and down arrows to get multiple cursors going. Being able to click to place multiple cursors should also be a thing. Xcode does this great. I can hold down ctrl and shift together and I can start pressing the up or down arrows, or I can just click where I need a cursor. If I clicked somewhere on accident and a cursor was added, I can click in the same spot and that cursor is removed.

I’d also like to add that it would be extra awesome if Bear had a proper command palette. Then the user could trigger it with ⌘ + ⇧ + K and easily search for those things like the things I mentioned (Sort lines Asc, Sort Lines Desc, Capitalize, Upper Case, Lower Case, Sentence Case, Bold, Italics, etc). Currently I just use the help menu with ⌘ + ⇧ + /.

Anyway, that’s it. Hopefully these things can be considered.