ToC navigation scrolls back to cursor

Testing version: 2.0 (10759) / iOS (iPhone 11)

What were you doing: Tapping link in table of contents to navigate to a different section of the note.

What feature did you use: Table of contents

What happened: After tapping the section I want to navigate to, I tapped off the ToC menu or tapped the X to close the menu and the document scrolled back to where to cursor was. There was no way to “stay” at the location I navigated to.

What did you expect to happen: For the document to stay at the location I navigated to and not scroll back to the cursor.

Of note, ToC navigation does work correctly if you have not yet placed your cursor in the document.

2 Likes

upvote for same issue.

Or, after editing the document, close the keyboard before using the TOC.

On MacOS, the cursor stays active when you click a ToC link but the document scrolls and stays in the new location. I think the expected behavior on iOS would be similar.

I would expect the same

Wanted to bump this as it appears to not be fixed yet in the newest version (10816) It’s of course pretty minor and not urgent.

I assume it is an actual bug and not the intended behavior @trix180 ?

Here’s a video

Yes, I can confirm that’s not the intended behaviour.

1 Like

The newest release (11015) says “Fixed glitch in the iOS’ table of content.” I’m not sure if that’s in reference to this bug but I am still seeing the bug on this version. Here’s a new video

No, the glitch we were referring to was an issue with the TOC row’s heights. We’ll address the scroll-back bug as soon as possible.

The scroll-back bug hasn’t been fixed yet. Assume you’re aware just fyi.

1 Like