TOC panel's territory looks too small

Environment:

• MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2
  • Panda 1.0 2510

It is exciting to see the long waited feature : table of content !

IMHO, it looks a little too small.

e.g., Scroll bar is shown. Text shows ellipsis (…).

I find it a pain to write/navigate long note in Bear. The current implementation of TOC mitigates this. But I think it is sub optimal.

I think TOC should be a more primitive content than what we see right now. therefore, I also suggest the panel could have some degree of opacity; and TOC panel could be a standalone panel and can be triggered by hotkeys; and TOC could be configured to be floated by default.

Thanks for your efforts!

Best regards,

3 Likes

I think you already discovered that the TOC can be torn off as a floating panel. But yes, still too small. I would personally prefer it as a full-height sidebar like Preview has for PDFs.

Also, I would like the TOC to be able to show all headers in the note including any that are hidden due to folding.

1 Like

I can only agree. A point I’ve been hammering since the dark ages… You can’t command information in Bear as the information grows.

Also, wrote about this back in November Table of Contents too small for an overview

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you for the design feedback.

I’ll pass it onto the designer when they start with us in a few weeks to have a think about when moving forward!

If I can help you with anything else in the meantime let me know.

Yes. I can’t agree more.
That’s why writing long essays on bear is so painful.
Hope large and persisting table of content could be taken into consideration.