Ugly Narrow Margins and Header Alignment on iOS

Margin feels much more better now on IPad, but could still be a little wider.

1 Like

Strange enough, I rather prefer the narrower margin for my smaller phone. I suppose the difference between a 4.7 inch screen phone (6/7/SE size) and 6.7 inch screen phone (14 pro max size) is quite significant and user’s desire for margin would be quite different as well.

Also it is dependent from the language. In German words like „Verantwortungsgefühl“ or „Begrüßungszeremonie“ even are not very long. The longest unofficial German word ever was or is: Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunternehmenbeamtengesellschaft

The longest official is: Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

I had to decrease the font size for one point to find a compromise and to avoid lines wirth 2 or 3 words as good as possible

This is awesome. Happy to see that the team acknowledged this was a real problem. With the latest update to page margins on iOS, the overall reading experience has significantly improved.

Even though I’ll be the first to admit that enabling custom margin preference would be a more robust approach.

Still, incredible job, Team SF!

2 Likes

I see that your concern largely stems from your peculiar circumstance with a small screen real estate. Which is probably not shared by most.

Sure you would agree that a robust solution would be an option to customize margin width preferences.

Would love to see a side by side comparison between the old Bear v2 and newly updated +10px margins.

Edit: Nevermind, I just installed the previous build to do a comparison.

I would have been okay with the previous margin, but the new margin is perfect. Please don’t make them any wider!

3 Likes

Yeah I totally agree, I would’ve been fine with the previous B2 margin but I think the new one is an improvement. But increasing it even more would be too much on our already narrow phones of today.

2 Likes