Unexpected HR behavior

Testing version: 1.0 (377)

What were you doing: Trying to add plain text between a header and a separator (HR)

What feature did you use: Headers + HR

What happened: Any attempt to add text between the header and the hr results in more header

What did you expect to happen: I should be able to add plain text lines between and existing a (currently) adjacent HR.

To Repro:

This is my H2 header

The preceding line should be an HR. Now try to add a plain text line “hello” between the H2 and the HR.

There’s a change in Panda so that hyphens immediately after text convert the previous line to a heading instead of inserting a horizontal rule. Sounds like what you think is a horizontal rule after the heading is actually part of the heading (heading rules are 2px tall, horizontal rules are 1px tall).

More detail

Thanks for the response Dego.

So what I did was

1. Create a header
  2. Added an HR after the header
  3. Decided I wanted a paragraph between the two (lets say that was my intention all along)

Based on what you are saying… at the end of action #2, I now have a heading with an underline. Where as my intentions were for those two elements to be separate.

So to get to my intended result, I must first delete the ‘—’ … then add my paragraph, then add the HR.

I am not saying that is wrong, just not my assumption of what would happen. The binding behavior of the “—” to the previous header forces an ordering to one’s typing. Perhaps the ‘—’ should not bind to the H2 if a CR or LF is in-between?

Please disregard my entire argument. I just looked at the markdown grammar, and have been using ‘—’ incorrectly for years. Go figure.

Eh, I wouldn’t say you were incorrect. Three hyphens “---does mean horizontal rule in Markdown, it just requires an empty line to work in Panda now since they’re adding support for the other h2 formatting.