Will the new version store its notes in raw markdown?

When I look in the iCloud ‘Panda’ directory, it looks like the files are stored in raw markdown – is that how they’ll be stored in the new version of the app? That would be wonderful.

edit: Sorry, changed the title to make it clearer I’m talking about the new version of the app vs. this beta version, which clearly does store its files in raw markdown.

2 Likes

Hard to say.

Presumably the current release version store notes in a database which isn’t exposed to the user. It would be almost impossible to do this well with an alpha release say maybe don’t get too excited.

I would love to see them do it, however with storing files like this you have issues with loading and updating them individually.

I would love that to!

Plus folders to generally categorize notes within Bear and have the folders/subfolders be reflected in the iCloud Drive structure.

Folders (or notebooks) generally categorize note. A note can only be in one folder. Think about this as the area/project differentiation in many to-do list apps.

Tags work like filters and by that a note, while physically located in a folder can appear in multiple tag-filters. Tags can be used to create cross-folder or -area/project dependencies.

Bumping this!

I love the database way that Bear currently works, with everything organised by tabs. But I really would like the option to also word with external .md files directly too. What’s it going to be? Or both? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone, there are no plans to change how Bear store data. The beta is just a simple wrapper app to test the new editor :slight_smile: