Beta Test Bear Web App

Quick question, will there be a similar beta test for the Bear web app as there is with Panda on macOS and iOS?

Hi Rhaz,

There most likely will be an option for users to test the web version before it’s finalised. This will be after the new Editor is added.

Regarding our web version, this is more of a long term goal. It will be implemented further down the line.

The completion and implementation of the new Editor for Bear is the priority at the moment. The new Editor will be used as a base for the web version.

After the new Editor has been added, we will then re-evaluate everything, including which is the best way to test the web version.

4 Likes

Any news on the web Version. For the moment I moved away from bear after 7 years being a fan, cause I need to share notes with colleagues and family. As soon, as a web version or sharing option exists, I will come back :wink:

2 Likes

Any news on the web version ? Is there a planned release date ?

2 Likes

Is there a status update for the web version? Anyway to help test this?

1 Like

Bear is built using Apple libraries to be fast and to perfectly fit into the Mac and iOS ecosystems. To make a web version, we try to share as much code as possible, but much will need to be reimplemented using web technologies. So, it is a big and complicated project. But we are making good progress, and many of the most difficult parts are done. We will put a beta out when it makes sense. My guess is that we have something to show in a few months.

10 Likes