Collapsible sections unfold unexpectedly

Testing version:

What were you doing:

I make heavy use of collapsible sections because they are really handy. I usually use the keystroke CMD+’ or by clicking the three dots to the right of the section.

However, these sections automatically unfold unexpectedly when I do the following:

1. Put your cursor the right of an expanded section (immediately to the left or right of the three dots to expand)
  2. Press enter
  3. This will expand the section and put your cursor on the next line

Another way I keep running into this problem is:

1. Setup an H2 heading and content inside of it
  2. Create another H2 heading underneath it with content inside of it
  3. Collapse the first heading
  4. Put your cursor to the right of the second heading (before the H2 symbol)
  5. Press enter
  6. This will add a new line, however, it will expand the section above it. I am guessing this happens because the new line does not have a new heading so it thinks you want to add more content to the previous section.

The intent for me is not to add to the previous section. I might want another heading/section between them. Can collapsible sections be prevented from expanding unless requested by the keystroke or clicking the three dots? If this is too ambiguous because the new content is not a heading could an equivalent heading be assigned to the new line? That might flow better I think.

I really love this editor and use it daily! It is my second brain to hold everything I need to organize and recall quickly. Thanks Bear Team!

What feature did you use:

Collapsible sections

What happened:

See description above

What did you expect to happen:

See description above

Thanks for reporting! We want to improve this but haven’t got around to it yet. I will add this report to the issue.