Crash on styling multi-line quote

Testing version:
Version 1.0 (1949) on Mac

What were you doing:

1. make a multi-line quote block
  2. make a selection (cross multiple lines)
  3. Type cmd-i to make the selection italic
  4. Delete the asterisk at the beginning of the previous text

What feature did you use:
Multiline quote format, italic format.

What happened:
App crash.

What did you expect to happen:
Italic quote block, as expected.

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know. May I just ask, what specific mac device are you using, and what system version are you using on the mac?

Also, may I ask, does it crash each time you attempt to replicate it?, or was it just the one time?

Hi there.

1. My mac info:
    粘贴的图形-1.png

2. It crashes every time I attempted.

Hi there,

Thank you for the additional information, it’ll help the team when investigating the issue.

I’d like to report another UI issue.

The new font in Panda, Bear Sans, is nice but not matched well with Chinese characters.

1. Comparing with the current Bear font, Avenir Next, the new Bear Sans and Chinese font have bigger differences in both font weight and font height. (see the screenshots below)

2. Apple default font (-apple-system) has a subtle feature — there is a small space (en or em) between a Latin letter and a Chinese character. It would be really nice if Bear/Panda could bring this feature to the font rendering system.

These are not issues really. But for such a fine-polished app like Bear, I’d like it to meet a high standard which is never reached by any other app!

I have realised too that the new font definitely does not accomodate other alphabets apart from English.

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback regarding the new font.

For Chinese characters we’ll be using a specific Chinese font!

1 Like