Create Zettlekasten templates that can apply to a blank note

Something that would be incredibly helpful would be to have templates for Zettlekasten-style notes such as Reference Notes, Literature notes, and Permanent Notes. Or even be able to create my own templates for recipes or other repeated patterns that I use often.

Currently, I have several template type notes with #.template tag which works great if I’m starting from a blank note. However, I’ve noticed that I create a lot of notes on the fly by using the double brackets to create a note that I will later write. It would be awesome to click that note and then be able to apply a template to it.

It also would be neat to have templates that don’t get overwritten. For example, in the Adobe programs, you can save something as a template. Then when you open that document, it creates a new document with whatever you have in the template, but it doesn’t save over the template itself.

3 Likes

Welcome, the new note template similar to what Adobe does might be interesting but I’m not convinced about let people select the template when a note link is tapped/clicked. However, appling the new document template for those links and might be interesting for some.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Hi Bakoind, I achieve exactly what you are suggesting using snippets via Alfred pro. I create a note in Bear, type in a small keyword, and it expands to create a template for me.

I’m certainly not saying that having this functionality directly in Bear wouldn’t be useful, but sharing in case it’s useful for you in the meantime.

2 Likes