Feature Request: PDF export font size

Have loved Bear for a long time and am really enjoying Bear 2.0. Thanks devs for crafting a beautiful and simple app with just enough power and customizability to meet my writing needs.

One missing feature that would make the app perfect for me would be more customization with pdf exports. A lot of my writing in Bear is typing up outlines to be used for presentation notes. I love the beauty of how the text looks in Bear and want to use it how I see it in Bear. However, PDF export seems to default to a default theme/font size that cannot be changed. It would be amazing if PDF export could either reflect the current theme/font size in the editor or be customized upon export. Especially, the font size would be helpful as the default is too small for me to use as presentation notes. Of course other options like margins, page size, etc. would all be great. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway, in browsing the forum I’ve seen similar things brought up and I believe some level of customization for PDF exports is in the works. I just wanted to add my thoughts and specific request for changing the font size. Thanks!

4 Likes

Share the same sentiment as OP.

Only missing feature for me is exporting PDF to a custom font size :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is it really that difficult to keep formatting in your PDF export function? I’m not aware of any other app that can’t handle that. Without getting into the weeds, is there something about the Bear architecture that makes it hard to deliver a much needed bit of functionality? I’m genuinely curious.

1 Like

Is not particularly hard but We don’t think is a good idea to mirror the editor typography and theme preferences in the exported PDF/JPG. Our idea is to provide some ad hoc export templates and this does require more time.

1 Like

Do you mean something similar like the templates in ulysses?

Yes, that’s the idea.

2 Likes

I can’t judge whether it’s feasible at all, and if so, whether it wouldn’t be outrageous. But wouldn’t it be a good idea as a format for the export styles to take the Ulysses ones? I ask because so many downloadable presets already exist.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll have to check this out.