Testing version: 2.0 (9969)
What were you doing: OCR of images with text in different languages.
What feature did you use: Paste images → right-click → Copy image transcript.
What happened: OCR works correctly only with English text (tested Cyrillic and Hangul). Also app crash happens pretty often when you do that.
What did you expect to happen: You should be able to OCR such images.
this is english text (correct)
9TO pyCCKMi TeKCT (not correct)
- It looks like the app tries to use English letters which look similar to the letters on the image
- Hard crash of the app is pretty often when you use the transcript feature
- Search for notes with the text on non-English images also doesn’t work (seems like same issue)
- Search for non-English text of PDF works (seems like different implementation is used for that)
- I don’t have issues with non-English text recognition in native Apple apps such as Photos