Hello to our wonderful testing community! We have a few big new or revamped Panda alpha features to test. Grab a beverage and settle in for the details, and we’d love to hear what you think.
TL;DR: Header and list folding, a new way to footnote, and todo reordering.
Header and List folding
You can now fold heading sections and lists! Folding can be achieved in multiple ways:
- Right click on list/header icons and select the “Toggle folding” option
- ⌘-click on list/header icons
- Hotkey ⌘’ (uses the current caret position)
Detail on the implementation
We’re currently using the
<detail> html tag for the folding implementation, this has some pros and cons:
- Folding will be be persistent through documents/devices
- It’s 100% markdown compatible and work nicely with some websites (eg: Github)
- Doesn’t requires additional metadata
- The additional markup can be ugly/unwanted
- Adding/removing a fold is considered an edit of the file
There are still some bugs/changes we need to make. But before that, we’d like to discuss the current implementation with you folks and we’re open to change the folding behaviour as “layout only” if this doesn’t match your expectations.
Given your feedback, we burned the previous footnotes implementation. Like a phoenix from the ashes, a new, more standard system has taken its place.
- Text only (no more icon/edit panel), so they are now searchable/readable in the editor
- Press ⌘⇧E (Format > Footnote) to insert a numbered reference and create a new definition at the end of the text
- Editing the label of a footnote will also change its label everywhere else in the note
Oh, not much to see here. Just the option to move completed todos to the bottom of the list, and a new todo toggle shortcut.
- reordering (right click menu or Format -> Todo -> Move Checked to the Bottom)
- new toggle hotkey ⌘.
Thanks for everything and keep the feedback coming.