Quick way to jump to top on Mac

Is there a quick way to jump to the top in the Editor, Notes or Tag sections on macOS? Bear iOS follows the convention of jumping to the top when tapping twice on the top of the screen. It would be useful to be able to do likewise on macOS.

Use case
I find myself having this need more after searching for a note. I end up in the middle of the Notes section for fairly old notes and need to scroll to get back to the top where my pinned notes are.

It is easier to deal with in Editor by pressing CMD + Up.

I double click on the top of the window sometimes out of habit from the iOS app and that just expands the window to full width. I know it is supposed to work that way, but somehow the iOS scroll to top seems to be the convention that overrides my instinct when I double click.

Alternative
Another option I can think of is to have the option of keeping the pinned notes stickied at the top even if we scroll down.

2 Likes

Hi folks, Bear is a good macOS citizen and it does have the same hotkeys and behaviors you would expect on any native app:

• You can jump up/down on the Notes or Tag sections using ⌥↑ / ⌥↓
  • ⌘↑ and ⌘↓ does the same in the Editor

Best!

5 Likes

Thanks! I use this in other apps but it didn’t cross my mind to try this in Bear for some reason.