Request: release a .IPA for Panda to allow for sideloading the Panda editor on iOS Devices

I’ve been looking for a good markdown editor for iOS and came across Panda. While the desktop app is great, I can’t install it on TestFlight since the beta is full. Apps can be sideloaded onto non-jailbroken iOS devices with tools like AltStore and SideStore.

At the moment Panda is on hold to focus on Bear 2 release but I’m very skeptical about distributing apps using sideloading. I also know very little about AltStore and SideStore and I have to investigate how they manage privacy, copyright, and crash logs among the other stuff the App Store currently cares for us.

2 Likes

Will the current Panda beta continue to be available even if its on hold?

1 Like

Yes, Panda will remain available.

5 Likes

I’m loving the update to Bear, but I also really appreciated the no-frills nature of Panda. Since the TestFlight version is no longer available, do you have any near-term plans to distribute Panda – either as a standalone app or as an included binary with Bear (if that’s even possible)? It was a great little Markdown editor and I miss using it.

3 Likes

Panda is no longer on TestFlight. I wonder if it has returned to the wild somewhere.

Panda is a Markdown editor with a very simple UI, so I want to keep it on my iPhone.

2 Likes