Small idea. Dark Academia Theme

i love the dark academia color pallette and the Duotone Light theme has a sort of dark academia light version aesthetic to it but if there was a dark version for it with more of the browns of the sidebar in the main editor .

For those who don’t know Dark Academia is a sort of aesthetic born from the novel The Secret History by Donna Tart and it is a lot of browns and dark reds and it reminds you sort of Dead Poets Society…

These are two sort of examples i made in scrivener…

Just an idea if you are thinking of future themes. i am 100% sure if you were to do it , it would look much better…

EDIT… took the colors from Duotone Light’s bar and added it to scriv… love it …

Hello,

yes, this might be an interesting aesthetic for a theme.
Are you aware of some Dark Academia theme packages for text-based apps? I can see a lot of icons/widgets packages play with almost metallic grey backgrounds and warm colors for accents and my initial feeling is to turn this into a light theme but you seem to think otherwise.

I wouldn’t put too much work into it. I just love the side bar of the duotone light and would be great to get some sort of dark version of it. It doesn’t have to be something major. Generally dark academia is light or dark brown colours. this is a pallete i just googled now

maybe white letters and a warm brown or reddish brown colour. But again that is just a small suggestion. I just kinda feel like the darker colours of the bear app are very much “programmer” colours. Like the dracula or the lighthaus. They feel more like something you would use for programming but many people use the app for a database and much simpler writing and note taking. If there is ever a discussion for the team about future themes i would say don’t just make themes that are popping on your screen but something softer and more aesthetic for users that maybe are in college but not just studying programming or a more “classic” look. I don’t know. Just a suggestion but your team has been kicking ass lately so whatever you choose i think will be great… also just another picture i found about some sort of dark academia aesthetic type

1 Like