Unlinked mentions not working for existing notes

Testing version:
Version 2.0 (11015)

What were you doing:
Trying to see unlinked mentions for an existing note.

What feature did you use:
Backlinks (unlinked mentions)

What happened:
Opened an existing note which had the word knitting in it but it didn’t show unlinked mentions to another note.
What did you expect to happen:
Unlinked mentions to work. It works for a new note created in Bear 2.0 as shown in the screenshot below.

Existing note ^

New Note ^

As far as I know it correctly, doesn’t 2023 goal need to be mentioned in any other notes you have?

1 Like

I have unlinked mentions turned on - so it should have picked it up. Knitting is mentions in both these notes without explicit wikilink. The new note (created after db upgrade to bear 2.0) picks it up for 2023 Goals, but the previous note (created in the old Bear) does not.

No I meant the first note would show backlinks for the notes that contains the word “2023 Goals” and the second one is showing the right backlink with the word “knitting” they caught from the first note. Unless there are multiple other notes that has that word and are not showing up. I’m confused because you highlighted the backlink section of the Goal note.

Oh maybe I’m a moron then, do unlinked mentions only work for note tiles and not for things in note body?